Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Winter weather warning?

Tonight is church for the kids so we had eggs. Matt and I had egg salad and the kids had boiled eggs. Easy protein! Tomorrow will be a very wintry day so beans and cornbread were requested by all here in my house. That makes me happy. I may not be so happy when the beans set in and we are all stuck in the same house together. That's a lot of gassy bottoms! EEEWWWW!

Okay, about this wintry day, I will not say it out loud because I don't want to spook it. But the forecast is calling for s-n-o-w. Shhhhhh. Do not say that out loud! I am hoping it is really what the weatherman is saying it will be. 6-12 inches? I will be waiting to see the glorious white stuff fall from the sky. I am not a big fan of winter but when everyone can be home and inside, I think it is cozy. Plus it gives me a chance to be thankful for our warm home and our blessings that surround us.

Even though we are going to be socked in, I can't help but start dreaming of my little backyard plot that so faithfully produced goodies for us all last season. I just used the last of the frozen zucchini this week. The final jar of tomatoes I used making salsa. We have only 2 jars of jalapenos, frozen squash and lots of dried herbs left from the harvest. I guess it is good that we don't have to depend on that to survive the winter.

So I am planning and sketching and ordering. I am doing all heirloom seeds this year. I am going to try my hand at growing everything from seed. It is much cheaper but not guaranteed to work. So we will see. My plan is to do a photo-blog about all of this so you can all laugh at me as I stumble along!

So to all of you who are getting sn.... flaky icy precipitation this week, be careful and dream of a greener time!

No comments: