Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Friday, May 14, 2010

I got a present!!!

My husband is such a thoughtful giver. He always surprises me with something I would never guess. For years, I have wanted a bike to ride with my family. This Mother's day my darling love bought me the best bike ever! This is not just any bike. This is a Cruiser. It is sweet. It even has a basket! Now admittedly, I will look like a dork riding it around but I DON'T CARE! I have already been pedaling through the neighborhood.


In other matters, I always feel nervous this time of year. My garden got planted yesterday. This is what it looks like.


Sad isn't it. I have a hard time imagining a lush and productive garden. It gets harder with the close up.

Poor tiny tomato plant. One day you will be strong and a glorious bearer of luscious summer goodness.

Take a moment to view one of my many failures. This is the sadness that comes from losing a transplant. Goodbye poor little plumb tree. We did not do right by you.


These are the other things I happen to be growing now...
Mounds of glorious taters!

Tiny carrots growing between the onions.

This is my favorite color of green.

Oh one pot of flowers to survive, how I love you!

But alas, this is what I love the most. Little stinkers.

My goodness.I'm in trouble.