Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Saturday, June 26, 2010

And Finally...

Oh my. This is even hard to type. My baby is 1. I know that this is what is supposed to happen. It is good that he is growing up. I mean really, isn't that the point of all of this? But I can't help it. I just want to hold on to my little squishy man as long as I can. I know from past experience that, while there are many good and fun things about having bigger kids, nothing can replace that complete and total love that you get from your baby. He still thinks that I am the world! His little face just shines with that big toothy grin every time I look at him. If I stare at my other kids they say, "What?" Not so much adoration. More annoyance. Levi still thinks Matt and I make everything alright.

That sweet baby has been the easiest most relaxed baby ever! He loves the noise and chaos of our home. He is the only baby I have had who gets excited when the vacuum comes on. He wants to be with the kids, right in the middle of the danger. He has learned that screaming is always funny and is usually what makes your brother put you down. He has learned fast which things I don't want him to touch but immediately makes his way to whatever it is, only pausing to look back at me and smile. He is silly and happy and loud and crazy just like the rest of the bunch. He is the perfect baby brother!


He is an obsessive nurser. I have no idea how I will wean him. I only know that I want to do it soon. He has lots of teeth. But he is so happy with himself when he finally convinces me that it's time to eat. He just relaxes and sits still. It's the only time we really get to cuddle now. He is too busy the rest of the day.

As for food, he has mixed feelings. He likes to taste stuff, just not swallow it. So he will chew the bits of food and then spit them out to examine whether or not he wants to actually eat it. Sometimes he eats it but most of the time he tosses it on the floor. Did I mention he is messy?

Oh, his newest thing is pointing. No matter where we are, if you talk to Levi, he will point over your shoulder and look in that direction like there is something over there that he has to see. Sometimes we can tell what he is looking at. Other times, I think he is just messing with us. But his inquisitive eyes are always searching for something to discover.

Levi Benjamin, you are a joy in our home. I am so thankful that God saw fit to send you to us. I pray for you precious little heart, that it would love the Lord and that you would belong to Him. I love you sweet baby.





This was his 1st birthday cupcake experience. It was fabulous!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Precious boy!! Hope you had a wonderful day.We will see you soon to celebrate YOU!
Nana