Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Honey-Lime Vinaigrette

I love a good homemade vinaigrette.  So the Homestead Revival recipe exchange inspired me!



 Here is my favorite Honey-Lime  Vinaigrette


  • 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice




  • 2 teaspoons mild honey




  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 




  • 1 dash cayanne pepper 




  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil




  • Wisk together first 4 ingredients.  Then drizzle oil in and wisk until blended.  This is a perfect light and tart dressing to go on a fresh greens. 

     I love vinegar but like to mix it up now and again with a citrus dressing.  Citrus is fun.  You really could go crazy with this recipe.  Switch the lime for orange.  Add a little chopped green onion or better yet, cilantro!

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Rachelle,
    This looks like a wonderful recipe! I'm so glad you shared this on the Salad Dressing Link Up. I look forward to trying it!