Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saving Summer

We are coming into one of my favorite parts of the summer season, harvest!  There is a bounty of whatever made it to this point.  this year we have been blessed with zucchini, cucumbers and melons.  Our peppers and tomatoes are still slow.  I am hoping for a fall harvest there.  I am looking forward to putting up more food as the season runs on. 

I got a Cuisinart food processor!  You cannot believe the difference.  I have had a couple of lower-end processors.  This one is amazing!

Even though we have had squash bugs like crazy this year, my faithful zucchini plants have kept right on producing.  So we save what we've got.

I kid you not, this happened in a matter of seconds!  Wonderful little machine.

We also had lots of carrots.  They were ridiculous.  So good!

Most of my home activities are interrupted by this.  A sad and sleepy girl.


Even her big sister couldn't make it better.

I did manage to get a ton of veggies shredded and sliced.  Slices for stews and casseroles.  Shreds for bread, sauces, and whatever I want to hide a bit of extra garden nutrition to!

I made this mix of zucchini and carrots.  I think it will be quite handy.

These babies are freezer bound!  See you again this winter.

1 comment:

Bonnie K said...

It looks great. I wish I had planted zucchini now.