Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Friday, July 18, 2014

July gardens are lovely.

This is our little plot after all of the glorious rain!  It is really nice to have the abundance.
 

 
This was the same plot in May.  So barren.
 
 
There are a few weeds but I am really happy with the space and the set-up.
 
 
The squash seem happy.  And the bees are happy to see the squash!!!

 
Cucumbers are coming in.  I love them with all of my heart.  I have already made use of my sweet MIL's gift to me.  There is a batch fermenting in my new crock!

 
Here we have some pumpkin and different fall squashes that will grow into the summer squash plot about the time the summer squash retires.
 
The summer squash is huge and healthy!  I have picked a few squash bugs.  I go out there every single day so as to not miss one.  I think it is helping.
 
 
This makes me so happy.  I can't wait to have these sliced on a plate or on fresh bread with homemade mayo.  Summer in my mouth!

No comments: