Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Saturday, November 29, 2014

Turkey time, dodgeball and alien mysteries.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I love that there is no pressure of Christmas.  I love that it's in the Fall.  I just love it.  

We got to spend our weekend with my family in Roswell.  We had a blast!  It's always good to connect with each other and  remember why we love being together.

Tre baby is such a sweet boy.  I love that mini-man!


Baby cousins

The dudes

Beautiful mama and sister

Loulou and Weebies

Sweet girls

It was so good to be with my Grandma and Papa.  We got to celebrate Papa's 76th birthday.  He is a precious person to me and everyone else. 




We love our Grandma too.  So blessed to have our grandparents around.  I am thankful my children have gotten to know them.

Bro-in-law selfie!!!

Yes, these two are always this cute!




One of the highlights of the weekend was our Turkey-day dodge-ball game!  We had a couple of awesome families come and share in the competitive spirit.  It was just the thing we needed after feasting! 

There was one incident in which a certain husband decided to help his wife run faster by pushing her in mid-stride and saying, "GO FASTER!"  

It did not have the desired effect.  I fell.  I fell all the way down.  And while I was down, the other team so graciously pelted me with balls.  I even took one to the face.  It was memorable.
  

 One of the things Roswell is famous for is the supposed 1947 alien spaceship crash.  We have the privilege of my dad being best friends with the family who owns the crash site. 

So on Friday, we got the grand tour.  It was a beautiful hike.  My dad gave us a history lesson on the site.  It was interesting.

  On an even more historical and less crazy adventure, we hunted for arrowheads and pottery from the native campsites located in the area.   We found lots of chips from the making of the arrowheads but failed to find the real deal.  We got to keep a few treasures.  

It was such a wonderful time.  The kids loved being out and active. The adults had more fun than the kids with the archeology.  


 My 76-year-old Papa hung with the hunt all day long!  He was a science teacher in his younger days and currently, hunts artifacts with a group near his hometown.  This is something he is good at and loves to do.  He was able to identify some things we found. He is awesome.

Of course we had a picnic.  That may have been the highlight for the kids.  There is just something great about working up an appetite and then eating outside.
 

We feel blessed to have another Thanksgiving with so many things to be thankful for.  We realize that no day is promised.  We give glory to God and pray that we can honor him in all things big and small.  

Hope your holiday was fantastic!

No comments: